This website is owned by Auckland Transport. These terms and conditions govern your access to and use of all Auckland Transport owned and operated websites and any mobile applications made available by Auckland Transport for download.
By accessing this website or by downloading and/or using an Auckland Transport mobile app you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions then you should not use this website or download and/or use our mobile applications.
In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Auckland Transport Information Service means subscription and non-subscription based public transport scheduling information services provided by Auckland Transport including, but not limited to, the train delay text messaging service, bus stop text messaging service, the on-line Journey Planner and Real Time information boards.
- charged services means services available online through this website for which a fee is payable to Auckland Transport.
- fee means any fee payable for the charged services as recorded in the schedule of fees for the relevant charged service on this website.
- mobile application, mobile app or app means any software application developed for use on wireless computing devices and owned and operated by Auckland Transport, including any updates to it which are made available by Auckland Transport from time to time.
- online service payment process means the process by which credit or debit card payments for charged services or other amounts payable to Auckland Transport may be made through this website.
- online store terms means the terms applying to the external website or online store from which you downloaded a mobile application, as may be updated from time to time.
- username means a form of identification a user of this website uses, together with a password, to gain access to charged services and any other parts of this website for which registration of the user is required.
- website means the www.at.govt.nz website and includes each of its subdomains or any website operated by Auckland Transport.
- terms and conditions means all of these terms and conditions and any changes made to them from time to time.
- you means the person accessing or using the website or mobile app, and your has a corresponding meaning.
2. Additional terms for particular services offered
You may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions for particular services which Auckland Transport may make available to you from time to time through this website prior to being able to use those particular services. Any such additional terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with these terms and conditions.
If you wish to access any of the charged services or make other payments to Auckland Transport by credit or debit card payment through this website, you will be required to agree to and comply with Auckland Transport online service payment terms.
From time to time, charged services may be changed, or your access rights, or the terms and conditions which you have entered into in relation to any particular charged service, or the online service payment terms, may be changed by Auckland Transport. When this has occurred you may be asked to accept updated terms and conditions on your next use of that charged service or the online service payment process. If you do not accept any updated terms and conditions, you will not be able to access the charged services or use the online service payment process.
To the extent of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions, the additional terms and conditions will prevail in relation to the particular services to which those additional terms and conditions apply.
3. Access to particular services
Certain services available through this website and certain parts of this website (including the online service payment process) are available only to website users who register for those services, or who register for access to those parts of this website, and obtain a username and password. If you register for such services or access, and are issued with a username, you will be responsible for all use of these services and this website through use of your username and password.
4. Password and security responsibilities
You are responsible for keeping your password secure and secret.
The password you select should not relate to any readily accessible data such as your name, birth date, address and telephone number, driver's licence or passport. Neither should it be an obvious combination of letters and numbers such as sequential or the same numbers. If you believe an unauthorised person knows your password, you must notify Auckland Transport immediately and change your password as soon as possible.
You will pay all fees payable for a charged service at the time your request or application for a charged service is accepted by Auckland Transport. Auckland Transport reserves the right to amend any fees from time to time and to adjust any fees recorded on this website or the application for a charged service if the price recorded is incorrect.
All payments are to be made in advance by credit card (Auckland Transport accepts MasterCard and Visa). Auckland Transport may contact you directly to confirm your credit or debit card details. All fees are in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of GST (being tax levied in accordance with the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985 and includes tax levied in substitution for such tax). You will pay all other applicable taxes, import duties, levies or tariffs which may be payable (if any).
Information available under the charged services may be subject to confidentiality obligations or requirements. Auckland Transport retains the right to make any information confidential. You acknowledge and agree:
- Auckland Transport may elect not to supply you with any information that Auckland Transport believes is confidential; and/or
- You will comply with any confidentiality obligations notified to you by Auckland Transport;
- Further details and requests regarding confidential information can be obtained or made by contacting Auckland Transport.
7. Intellectual property
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the website, mobile applications and all associated content is owned by Auckland Transport unless the content is identified as being the property of another party.
No part of this website or our mobile applications may be:
- Distributed or copied for any commercial purpose, nor incorporated in any other work or publication (whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form); or
- Resold, published, copied, reproduced, transmitted or stored (including in any other website or other electronic form) except that you may print, or download to your hard drive, extracts from the website only for informational and non-commercial purposes, used without Auckland Transport’s express prior written permission or, in the case of content owned by Auckland Transport’s content suppliers, the relevant content supplier's express prior written consent.
8. Licence of mobile applications
Auckland Transport grants you a revocable, non-transferrable, non-exclusive licence to download, install and use its mobile apps for your own purposes. Any mobile app licence is subject to any limitations or restrictions on the permitted use of the mobile app contained in the Online Store Terms where you downloaded the app.
9. Usage and support of mobile applications
You must provide your own internet access and mobile device in order to download, install and use the app. You are responsible for all internet access, data download and other network charges arising from your downloading, installation or use of the app (including any global roaming charges where you use the app overseas) and you acknowledge and agree that Auckland Transport has no responsibility or liability for those charges.
In downloading and/or using a mobile app, you must grant the app the required permissions and access. If you do not grant these permissions and access, you may be unable to use the app or some of its features.
While under no obligation to do so, from time to time Auckland Transport may identify issues with its mobile apps and make available updates to help rectify any issues. You agree that you will use the most up-to-date version of Auckland Transport’s mobile apps and will check regularly for updates to those apps.
Auckland Transport will use reasonable endeavours to generally make the services provided through its mobile apps available. However, the availability of those services may depend on various third party suppliers of both you and Auckland Transport, and accordingly Auckland Transport does not warrant or guarantee: (a) that you will be able to use the app at any time; or (b) that your use of the app will be continuous, uninterrupted, secure or error-free.
You acknowledge and agree that the services provided through any app may not be available for use from time to time, and that you may be disconnected from your use of those services at any time for any reason, including if: (a) any network connection difficulties occur; (b) the systems providing those services are unavailable for any reason (including so that maintenance can be performed); (c) you breach any of these terms and conditions or (d) Auckland Transport decides to terminate your access to those services for any reason.
In using any Auckland Transport mobile app you agree you must not use it (or attempt to use it) in the following manner:
- For any unlawful or dishonest activity;
- To access, transmit, publish or communicate material which is defamatory, offensive, unsuitable for minors, abusive, indecent, menacing, or otherwise unlawful, or which contains a virus or other harmful code;
- To obtain unauthorised access to (or damage, disrupt or interfere with the operation of) any computer, system, application, network or service;
- To transmit, publish or communicate bulk and/or unsolicited messages; or
- In any way that may cause Auckland Transport, its suppliers or other users of the app to incur liability to a third party.
10. Right to use website, mobile applications and its content
See Copyright Statement.
Auckland Transport reserves the right to prohibit links to this website and you agree to remove or cease any link upon Auckland Transport's request. You may not frame any part of the material on this website by including advertising or other revenue generating material.
The information provided on this website and our mobile apps are for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this website and mobile apps must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the information or services described for their particular use and conditions.
Accessing this website, downloading and/or using mobile apps, using our transaction processing services, and the downloading of any material is done entirely at the user’s own risk.
13. All liability excluded
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- All warranties, representations and warranties (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose, compatibility, non-infringement, accuracy, security or completeness of this website or the content on, or accessed through it and the completeness of any mobile app and its associated content; and
- Auckland Transport will not be liable for any damage, loss or expenses, or indirect losses or consequential damages of any kind, suffered or incurred by you in connection with either your access to or use of this website or the content on, or accessed through the website or in any way resulting from your downloading and/or use (or inability to use) of any Auckland Transport mobile app and its associated content.
If the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies, you may have rights or remedies which are not excluded or limited by the above. If you are using this website, our mobile applications and any associated content for business purposes, the above exclusions and limits will apply and the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply.
The exclusions and limits set out in these terms and conditions will also operate for the benefit of Auckland Transport’s relevant suppliers, licensors and agents which Auckland Transport use to provide its website and mobile applications.
Although Auckland Transport has endeavoured to ensure the content on this website and in its mobile apps is current, accurate and complete, Auckland Transport does not warrant that such content will be current, accurate or complete when you access it. Auckland Transport will take action to correct any error or inaccuracy which is brought to its attention.
15. Third party websites and advertising
This website or our mobile applications may contain links to third party websites not owned by Auckland Transport and/or advertising not related to Auckland Transport. If you visit a linked website or contact an advertiser, that dealing will be solely between you and that other website or advertiser at your own risk.
These websites, any product or service being advertised (as applicable) or any association with their operators, have not been prepared by and are not controlled by Auckland Transport and such links are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that Auckland Transport checks, endorses, approves, investigates or agrees with third party websites this website links to. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Auckland Transport disclaims any and all liability in respect of use of any third party websites this website links to, unless this is specifically stated on this website.
16. Poll disclaimer
In the event Auckland Transport conducts online polls, it does not claim the online poll results will be accurate. Any poll results will only reflect the opinions of those website users who have chosen to participate.
18. Under 18
By accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge you are over 18 years of age.
If you are under the age of 18, you must only use this website or download and/or use our mobile applications with the consent of your parent or guardian.
19. No representations
The availability of information on this website and mobile apps does not constitute a recommendation by Auckland Transport or any other person. If you enter into any transaction subsequent to accessing this website or mobile app, you do so entirely in reliance on your own judgement and inquiries and not in reliance on any statements, warranties or representations made to you or to any other person by or on behalf of Auckland Transport.
To become a registered user of the Auckland Transport Information Service, you must complete the registration process by providing Auckland Transport with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the relevant registration form. Auckland Transport reserves the right to reject any application for registration. In addition to the terms in this clause, the following terms apply when you register for the Auckland Transport Information Service:
- The Train Delay Txt Messaging Service is only available to users with a text message compatible phone. The cost of each text message you send to Train Delay Txt Messaging Service, whether to subscribe to a service or quit a service is $0.20. This amount will be charged to your account with your mobile service provider.
21. Compliance with law
You agree that you will at all times comply fully with all relevant laws, rules, regulations and orders of all relevant regulatory bodies in relation to any of the information or services made available to you through this website and mobile applications.
22. Jurisdiction and governing law
This website, mobile apps and content have been prepared in accordance with the requirements of New Zealand law. These terms and conditions and any matters or disputes connected with this website or any Auckland Transport mobile application will be exclusively governed by New Zealand Laws and will be dealt with by New Zealand Courts.
You may terminate your use of any of the charged services, or access to any part of this website for which registration is required (including the online service payment process), at any time by requesting that Auckland Transport delete your username and password for the relevant service or part of this website.
Auckland Transport may terminate your right to use any of the charged services, or access to any part of this website for which registration is required (including the online service payment process), by giving you one months' notice, or immediately without notice if you breach any of these terms and conditions for any charged service or any other service or the online service payment terms.
Any termination of your right to use any of the charged services, or access to any part of this website for which registration is required, will not affect any rights or obligations which have accrued by either you or Auckland Transport prior to termination.
You may terminate your use of any downloaded mobile app by uninstalling the app from your device at any time. Auckland Transport may immediately terminate and block your access to any mobile app or the services provided by the app for any reason, including if it believes you have engaged in conduct contrary to your obligations under these terms and conditions.
Auckland Transport may at any time and without notice, remove, amend and/or vary any of the content which appears on the website and mobile applications, or cease operating the website, mobile applications and any related services in whole or in part.
We may also amend these terms and conditions from time to time so you should check and read these terms and conditions regularly. By continuing to use this website or any Auckland Transport mobile application after any such amendment, you are deemed to have agreed to any amended terms and conditions.
25. Contacting us
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the website, any mobile app or these terms and conditions, please contact us.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 16 January 2015.