Proposal status: Feedback open until 4 October 2023
Reference number: SSM2122-016
We're proposing improvements in your area
Auckland Transport has identified the need to reduce speed in school zones to align with the Making Auckland Transport System Safe Scheme and our strategic goals. The School Speed Management Programme has been created to address these requirements, by means of delivering designs with suitable speed management treatments to reduce speed to 30km/h where appropriate and minimize risks to pedestrians and road users.
Listening to what you have to say is important to us. Your local knowledge can help us make better decisions, so together we can achieve the best outcomes for your neighbourhood.
We are proposing to:
- Install new raised zebra crossings at both these locations with
- new tactile pavers at the crossing. These are yellow guidance paving markers to help people find their way to crossings and safely across roads.
- paint new road markings and install signage
- add parking restrictions to ensure pedestrians have safe visibility at the crossing
- remove side islands to improve safety for cyclists
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
We’ll carefully consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
This project is subject to funding and decisions by Auckland Transport and Auckland Council in the Regional Land Transport Plan. We are seeking feedback now so that we can be prepared once the funding for this project is given the go ahead.
We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on our website. We can also email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just give us your email address when you call us or fill in the survey on the website.
This proposal is also supported by the Auckland regional fuel tax.
Manurewa: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Weymouth are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).