Walters Road, Takanini – Footpath upgrade Walters Road, Takanini – Footpath upgrade
Proposal status: Feedback open until 4 April 2023
Reference number: 20100461
We’re proposing improvements in your area
Auckland Transport supports walking as a health and leisure activity, and an ingredient in sustaining local communities. This is all part of making Auckland one of the world’s most liveable cities.
Listening to what you have to say is important to us. Your local knowledge can help us make better decisions, so together we can achieve the best outcomes for your neighbourhood.
We are proposing to:
- Construct 140m of new footpath along Kauri Flats School and #180F Walters Road
- Paint 255m of cycle lane extension from Kaha Road to Opoka Street
- Paint 107m of broken yellow lines on the northern side of Walters Road. This will remove 15 on-street parking spaces
- Paint 105m of broken yellow lines on the southern side
Download proposal Walters Road footpath upgrade drawings (PDF 943KB).
The Walters Road footpath upgrade project is part of Auckland Transports new footpath programme. This programme priortises high ranking projects from a candidate list for delivery as part of Auckland Transport’s wider commitment to active modes. This project:
- Addresses safety concerns raised by the community due to lack of walking facilities in the area
- Fills a gap in the footpath network on Walters Road improving pedestrian accessibility and safety in the area
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.