Purchase / contract orders
All goods and services provided to Auckland Transport (AT) must be supported by a valid purchase/contract order.
Once a purchase/contract order has been approved, you will be notified with the correct purchase/contract order number.
This purchase/contract order number which relates to the goods and services you provide AT must be included on your invoice.
Valid purchase order numbers are ten digits long with a ‘42’ prefix.
Valid contract order numbers are ten digits long with a ’43’ prefix.
If you have not received your purchase/contract order number please contact the person that you have been working with at AT to request this information.
Standard terms of purchase
AT's purchase/contract order standard terms and conditions contain the default terms and conditions which apply to all purchase or contract orders created by AT, unless otherwise agreed on a contract or within the purchase/contract order.
Invoices should be raised and submitted punctually.
Invoices for the previous month should be received by the 5th of the following month to allow enough time for processing.
The following requirements will help ensure that your invoice moves through our system without delay.
- An approved purchase/contract order number must be included on your invoice (invoices cannot be paid without an approved purchase/contract order number).
- A copy invoicecan be sent to your AT contact (as long as it is clearly stamped with the word ‘copy’).
- Your invoice should also contain this information:
- the words ‘Tax Invoice’ in a prominent place.
- name and GST number of supplier.
- date of issue.
- the name and address of the recipient (ie Auckland Transport).
- description of the goods or services provided.
- quantity or volume of the goods or services provided.
How to send your invoice
Invoices can be sent to Auckland Transport Accounts Payable by either email (preferred method) or post.
Private Bag 92255
If requested, please send a copy invoice to your AT contact.
When emailing invoices:
- include only one invoice per attachment (multiple attachments within one email are allowed).
- attachments must be in pdf format.
- the subject line should contain your company name along with the words ‘Tax Invoice’ and your tax invoice number.
If you are unsure whether we have received your invoice, please email us at: email@example.com
Payment will be made via an electronic bank transfer into your nominated bank account.
Invoices will be paid on the 20th of the month following the date of the invoice unless alternative payment terms have been prescribed on your purchase/contract order number. For example, monthly services provided in January with an invoice dated:
- 31 January and received by 5 February will be paid on 20 February.
- 1 February and received by 5 February will be paid on 20 March.
How to update your contact or vendor details
If any of your details have changed, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit notes should be sent to the same address as invoices and clearly state ‘Credit’.
Private Bag 92255
If requested, please send a copy credit note to your AT contact.
If you are unsure whether we have received your credit note, please contact us.