Auckland Transport's Activities in the Road Corridor Bylaw 2022 is designed to cover a range of activities that occur in the road corridor but do not involve traditional traffic movement.
This Bylaw was developed to replace a range of previous bylaws and to consolidate and update their regulations into a single document for ease of use, as well as to streamline some processes.
The new bylaw was consulted on in January 2022 and you can download a copy of the consultation report. Changes were made in response to the feedback received and the bylaw was enacted on 29 August 2022 by the AT Board.
How do I get approval under the bylaw?
The links below provide further information on many of the processes regulated by this Bylaw, including how to apply for the approvals needed to undertake activities in accordance with this Bylaw:
- Corridor Access Requests (including Livestock)
- Traffic Management Plans
- Filming permits – Screen Auckland (Note: link takes you to Auckland NZ website)
- Vehicle crossing application
- Road Surface, Airspace and Subsoil Encroachments
- Trading (Note: link takes you to Auckland Council website)