Step 3: Apply for Corridor Access Request (CAR) Step 3: Apply for Corridor Access Request (CAR)
If you are planning work or an activity that will affect the normal operation of the road, footpath or berm, you must apply for a Corridor Access Request (CAR) through myWorksites before you start.
Applications must be made at least 15 working days before work starts.
Submitting an application is not an authority to start work. You must wait until you receive your approved CAR permit by email.
All applications must be submitted at myWorksites.co.nz
CAR fees and charges
You will be advised of the fee during the application process and be sent an invoice for payment.
Click here for a list of all CAR fees and charges.
How to submit CAR application
This video has all the information you need to submit your Corridor Access Request (CAR) successfully.
You can click on the links below to skip to the part of the video that covers each section:
- Creating your Worksite
- Creating a Project
- Entering your Worksite Details
- Drawing your Worksite Extent
- Adding Work Items to your Worksite
- Uploading your Worksite Documentation
- Worksite Contacts and Affected Parties
- Creating your Traffic Management Plan (TMP)
- Adding Layouts to your TMP
- Drawing your TMP Extent
- Submitting your CAR and TMP