Step 1. Check if you need a Corridor Access Request Step 1. Check if you need a Corridor Access Request

If your activity involves digging, drilling or resurfacing in the road corridor, or for non-excavation if your activity affects the normal operation of the road, footpath or berm, you will need to apply for a Corridor Access Request (CAR).

When a CAR is required

  • Digging, excavating, drilling, resurfacing, or doing any other activity that will alter, or cause to be altered, the surface of the road corridor (road, footpath or berm).
  • Placing any pipe, duct, pole, cabinet or other structure below, on or above the road corridor.
  • Building a new driveway or installing a new stormwater drain that leads into the road corridor.
  • Building a new fence and your work site or equipment encroaches onto the road corridor.
  • Working near or opening manhole access covers.

You also need to apply for a Corridor Access Request (CAR) for non-excavation activities such as:

  • Placing a skip, bin or container in the road corridor.
  • Putting up a temporary scaffolding (mobile or fixed).
  • Using or parking machinery such as cranes, cherry pickers and water blasters.
  • Applying for a full or partial road or footpath closure to work on or above the road.
  • Non-excavation activities on Level LV, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 2L roads.
  • Flying a drone over the road, footpath or berm.

Containers on AT Property including berms and roads: 

  • Containers are not to be used to store construction materials on AT property.
  • Containers are not to be placed down on any part of the footpath.
  • Containers can only be placed down on AT Property for household relocation.


Do not enter your credit card number, bank account number, or any other personal financial information.