Proposal status: Feedback closed 3 June 2020
Reference number: RTV-298
Dynamic lanes & improving road safety on Redoubt Road
In December 2019 we let you know that some changes were being made to the design for Redoubt Road dynamic lanes. Read more about the Redoubt Road dynamic lanes project.
Due to COVID-19 there has been some delay, but we are pleased to let you know that these changes have now been made to the design.
We would like your feedback on seven aspects of the project, these are:
- A pedestrian crossing with traffic lights across Redoubt Road (near Diorella Drive).
- A pedestrian crossing with traffic lights on the slip lane going from Redoubt Road to Hollyford Drive. This will also mean a signalised left turn at the intersection of Redoubt Road and Hollyford Drive.
- Safety improvements for those crossing Diorella Drive (near Redoubt Road).
- New, no stopping at all times parking restrictions on Diorella Drive to ensure safe visibility for pedestrians and to allow access to the new bus stop.
- Removal of two trees on Diorella Drive to improve pedestrian visibility.
- Changes to bus stop locations (Redoubt Road and Diorella Drive).
- Four cantilever gantries (overhead signs across the road) and associated roadside cabinets.
Please note: we are only asking for feedback on the above aspects and not the project as a whole.
Construction of the above aspects of the project will only happen after feedback has been received and necessary design changes have been made.
Construction will continue on through May and June with other aspects of the project, these are:
- Installing in road LED lights for dynamic lane.
- Installing ducting, cables and the control cabinets.
- Installing the electronic and static signage.
- Initial changes to the road marking.
- Download the proposal drawing for Redoubt Road (PDF 430KB).
- Download the detailed proposal drawing for Redoubt Road and Diorella Drive (PDF 238KB).
- Download the detailed proposal drawing for Redoubt Road including Hollyford Drive (PDF 277KB).
Have your say
Feedback closed 3 June 2020.
Manukau Central: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. The safety improvements as part of Redoubt Road dynamic lanes are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).