Strength in diversity.
Connection through inclusion.
Our Tāmaki Makaurau
Auckland Transport (AT) are dedicated to creating a thriving, inclusive and high performing culture where everyone can be themselves. We want our people to feel a sense of belonging and connection with each other. This is reflected in our values “Better, Bolder, Together”; “We Care. Full Stop”; “Safe With Us”; and “We Connect”.
What it means
At AT, it is about the representation of different groups at Auckland Transport (including ethnicity, age, gender, experiences, sexual orientation and thinking styles).
Inclusion at AT is about having a collaborative, supportive, and respectful environment that encourages the participation and contribution of all employees.
A great analogy to explain diversity and inclusion is "Diversity is being invited to the party and inclusion is being asked to dance".
Why it's important for us
- We want to use the strengths and talents of all our people to support us in our goal of a growing, vibrant Auckland.
- As Aucklanders, we want to reflect, represent and support our customers and their needs - the wider Auckland community.
- We want to encourage innovation, new ideas, and different types of thinking, all supported by having a diverse workforce.
- We want to support all of our people to be the best they can be.
- We want to continually attract and keep great people - with AT recognised as being a great place to work.
- All of this supports improving business performance, productivity and innovation, to support us to meet our goals at AT.
Diversity and inclusion plan
We are proud of how far we have come as an organisation. Our refreshed strategy will continue to drive the D&I vision through and focus on four core areas outlined below.
- Increase female representation in senior leadership roles.
- Grow Māori and Pasifika representation throughout the organisation.
- Multi-generational strategy focused on youth and mature aged workforce.
- Build inclusive leadership capabilities.
- Enhance the role of our AT Connect groups as advocates for change, and driving the D&I agenda.
- Ensure we have robust and accurate data that tells the real story, informs our decisions and tracks progress.
- Ensure all policies, practices and processes support the D&I strategy and our people.
- Listen to and serve the Auckland region. Commit to D&I in our people, customer, partner and community promises