Proposal status: Feedback open until 16 June 2023
Reference number: 20100674
We're proposing improvements in your area
We have heard the concerns raised by the local community about visibility issues due to parked vehicles (mostly large trucks), along Takanini School Road. In 2021, a fatal crash occurred in the area.
To improve safety for all road users in the area, we are proposing to:
- Introduce parking restrictions (broken yellow lines) on some sections of Takanini School Road. This will result in removal of 16 car parking spaces (between driveways and adjacent to intersections) to improve visibility for motorists exiting driveways and side roads to see oncoming traffic. We understand that removing parking can be inconvenient, so we have minimised the removal as much as possible, while prioritising the safety of all road users.
- Install new road markings that will better guide motorists along Takanini School Road and improve visibility when turning from Reding Street and Spartan Road onto Takanini School Road.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
This proposal is supported with funding from the Auckland regional fuel tax.
Takanini: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Takanini school road are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).