Proposal status: Feedback closed
Reference number: PZR-002
In January 2023, we sought feedback on the Ponsonby Residential Parking Zone to review and understand the benefits of the zone and its impact on different users. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to our survey.
We received 189 submissions.
- 71% of respondents agreed/strongly agreed that the parking zone has contributed to improving the overall parking availability in the area.
- 71% of respondents felt that the zone had a positive impact on parking availability for residents.
- 49% of respondents felt that the zone had a positive impact on parking availability for visitors.
A summary of all the feedback can be found in our Ponsonby community feedback report (PDF 757KB).
We evaluated this survey along with several other pieces of data to assess the effectiveness of the zone and identify any problem areas. The other factors which were considered were an occupancy survey, registration plate analysis, infringement notice analysis, and customer requests. This can be read in our Ponsonby parking zone review (PDF 845KB).
We will not be recommending any changes to the zone at this stage as most of the zone is delivering the original objectives.
Things we will continue to monitor are:
- Parking occupancy on Brown Street and Fitzroy Street.
- Parking occupancy in the evenings and weekends, especially closer to Ponsonby Road.
We're proposing improvements in your area
We need your help to determine whether the parking zone is achieving its objectives:
- to improve parking availability for residents
- to improve parking availability for visitors of residents
- to improve parking availability for the customers of local businesses and other visitors to the area.