Proposal status: Feedback open until 3 November 2023
Reference number: RTV-501
We're proposing improvements in your area
We’ve received many requests for changes to be made to parking space near 67 Taylor Street in Blockhouse Bay, due to high demand.
What we're proposing:
Time limits of 60 minutes will apply to three spaces, 7 days a week, from 8am-6pm. A drawing showing the proposed changes has been sent with this letter.
How these changes benefit your neighbourhood
- makes it easier for you to find short-term parking for local businesses
- ensures fairness with the high demand in this area
- still gives parking to residents after 6pm until 8am.
What happens next
- We’ll listen to all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Blockhouse Bay: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Taylor Street are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).