Proposal status: Feedback open until 13 April 2023
Reference number: RTV-463
We’re proposing improvements in your area
We’re proposing some improvements at the Settlement Road and Marne Road, Papakura intersection to improve pedestrian safety.
We are proposing to:
- Install a mountable roundabout at the Settlement Road and Marne Road intersection. This roundabout allows large vehicles like buses and emergency service vehicles, to drive over the edges easily.
- Install pedestrian island on each approach to the roundabout. A pedestrian island is a raised platform in the middle of a road that makes it safer to cross a road by breaking up the journey.
- Remove the existing kerb crossing and construct a footpath.
- Paint a section of the road red with 'SLOW' marking to prompt drivers to slow down while approaching the roundabout.
- Paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) along the corners of the roundabout to improve pedestrian visibility.
- The improvements proposed above will result in a loss of 32 parking spaces which we understand can be inconvenient. We have tried to minimise the parking loss as much as we can.
How will this benefit your neighbourhood
The proposed safety improvements will:
- Provide adequate crossing facilities for the pedestrians.
- Improve pedestrian safety and visibility.
- Promote safer operational speeds by improving the alignment of the roundabout.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.