Swanson Road safety improvements project updates Swanson Road safety improvements project updates
Project Update 17 October 2022
Closure Swanson Road, Rānui – Night works 7pm to 7am, 18 and 19 October.
We’ll be doing some work on a section of Swanson Road in Rānui town centre on Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 October. The road will be closed from 7pm to 7am between Luanda Drive and Armada Drive.
Detours will be in place only during these hours, so please follow the directions of traffic management teams.
This work includes completing anti-skid surfacing near the new zebra crossings by Luanda Drive and Fresh Choice and will be weather dependant.
Thanks for your patience and cooperation while this is completed. Please plan ahead and allow for some delays to your journey during this time.
Project Update 6 July 2022
We are pleased to advise construction is well underway and on track for completion, however as we progress into July we anticipate there being some delays due to rain.
- Most of the footpath, pram crossing and traffic island works are due to be complete by around mid-July.
- The bus shelter installation and streetlight works are due to be completed by late July. These works are relatively non-disruptive and we will be working on these within the non-peak hours during the day.
- There is some re-surfacing, speed table works and line marking to be completed, these works are done during night shifts, and require fine weather. It is anticipated these elements are likely to be completed by the end of July, due to rain.
- Further works will still be required in late August/early September for few nights to complete the high skid resistant surfacing.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we undertake these important safety improvement works and we encourage you to continue to plan ahead and allow for some delays to your journey through the works.
Project Update 13 April 2022
Work is underway
Works started on Monday 28th March and are expected to take 4 months to complete, weather permitting.
The work includes installation of coloured surfacing, speed tables, new pedestrian crossings and islands, bus stop shelters, signage along with some new line marking. Temporary traffic management and speed restrictions will be in place around the work site. Street parking will be restricted.
Working within the permitted Traffic Management will allow us to get the work completed as quickly and efficiently as possible. There will be Traffic Management measures in place that could see you delayed by a couple of minutes when driving through this area.
How will it affect you?
- Access to your property will be maintained at all times.
- Please expect some travel delays and allow for extra time to reach your destination.
- Emergency access will always be maintained.
- We will provide a safe route for pedestrian and cyclists to use.
- For your safety, please keep young children and animals well supervised and clear of any work area.
- This type of work involves machinery which can create noise and vibrations. However we will use industry best practice to keep this to a minimum.
Getting in touch with us
Please direct all work related queries to firstname.lastname@example.org