AT is the guardian of $22 billion worth of publicly-owned assets in Auckland. This Asset Management Plan (AMP) sets out how AT intends to manage its transport assets over the next 10 years, from 2021 to 2031. It describes the assets we are responsible for, the activities we carry out, and what it will cost.
- Find out about Auckland Transport's Asset Management Plan.
- Download the Asset Management Plan documents.
Last updated: 22 September 2021
Every 3 years, AT develops an AMP that sets out how we will manage the assets we're responsible for within Auckland’s transport network. The plan looks forward 10 years.
The AMP is a support document to AT’s Regional Land Transport Plan.
Key messages of the AMP
- Looking after what we have is AT’s first priority – taking care of our transport assets for today and for future generations.
- There is no “do nothing” option. Our role as kaitiaki or guardians of the transport network means we must plan ahead to ensure that transport assets are managed and maintained to face the challenges of the future.
- The AMP defines an appropriate level of investment in asset renewals and maintenance, balancing available resources, risk and levels of service.
- Download the Asset Management Plan summary (PDF 8.8MB, 28 pages).
- Download AT’s 2021 Waka Kotahi Strategic and Programme Business Case submission (PDF 6MB, 180 pages).