The Rodney Transport Targeted Rate (RTTR) was introduced mid-2018 to accelerate transport investment in the Rodney Local Board Area. Ring-fenced for transport projects not included in the Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP), the RTTR supports and funds transport services identified as a priority by the Rodney community.
- Find out about the RTTR.
- Accessible resources.
- View the timetable for Wellsford and Warkworth 998 (PDF 1.2MB).
- View the timetable for Helensville to Hibiscus Coast station 128 (PDF 2.5MB).
- View the brochure and timetable for Westgate to Albany via Riverhead and Coatesville 126 (PDF 428KB).
- Download the project plans for Warkworth Community Transport Hub.
Project status: Implementation.
Project zone: North / North-West.
The Rodney Local Board consulted on investigating a targeted rate to fund transport improvements as part of its Local Board Plan and proposed a list of specific projects for consideration during engagement associated with Auckland Council’s Long Term Plan and the Regional Land Transport Plan. The Governing Body struck the targeted transport rate in 2018 and Auckland Transport is now working closely with the Rodney Local Board to investigate, design and deliver the following projects:
- A new bus service from Wellsford to Warkworth.
- A new bus service from Helensville (via Kaukapakapa and Waitoki) to Hibiscus Coast station.
- A new bus service from Westgate to Albany (via Riverhead and Coatesville).
- A Park & Ride at Warkworth.
- A Park & Ride at Kumeu.
- New footpaths.
New bus services:
- Route 998 - Wellsford to Warkworth bus service - commenced 24 February 2019.
- Route 128 - Helensville to Hibiscus Coast station bus service - commenced 24 February 2019.
- Route 126 - Westgate to Albany – commenced Monday 6 May 2019.
Bus stops and footpaths have been constructed and AT is investigating additional bus stops at the request of the Local Board.
All three bus service passenger usage numbers are on target or exceeding targets for the first year of service.
New Park and Ride facilities
The Rodney Local Board has approved a design for a new 'Community Transport Hub' at Warkworth and is carrying out a feasibility study on two potential sites within the Kumeu Showgrounds.
The Warkworth Community Transport Hub at 80 Great North Road will feature 131 car parks (including 15 short term and four for accessible parking), a bus layover, two bus stops, footpaths, a signalised pedestrian crossing across Great North Road, two toilet blocks, bike parking, lighting and CCTV.
A list of footpaths and rough costings has been prepared for discussion by the Local Board. Further work on this list is expected following development of the Bus Services and Park and Ride elements of the programme.
At the end of June 2020 approximately $8.5 million of the targeted rate had been collected with $5 million spent. The planned capital reserve will meet a sharp rise in forecast expenditure over the next 2 years to construct additional bus stops, Park and Rides and new footpaths while continuing to support bus services.
The table below outlines the entire programme total amounts of targeted rate collected and spent to 30 June 2020 per Rodney Local Board subdivision:
|Total expenditure to date|
- Kumeū Showgrounds Park and Ride Community Hub Facility feasibility study budget approval (PDF 277KB).
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update July 2020 (PDF 718KB, 11 pages).
- Park and Ride Project at 80 Great North Road, Warkworth (Item 16).
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update February 2019.
- Auckland Transport Rodney Local Board Targeted Rate Update November 2018.
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update September 2018.
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update May 2018.
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update August 2019.
- Rodney Transport Targeted Rate Footpath Prioritisation Summary.
- New Wellsford and Warkworth bus service accessible brochure - 18pt (PDF 245KB).
- New Wellsford and Warkworth bus service accessible brochure (TXT 8KB).
- New Westgate to Albany bus service accessible brochure - 18pt (PDF 32KB).
- Warkworth Kowhai Coast Wellsford Northern Bus Timetable.
Audio version of the AT Metro - New bus service for Wellsford and Warkworth brochure.