The Rodney Transport Targeted Rate (RTTR) was introduced mid-2018 to accelerate transport investment in the Rodney Local Board Area. Ring-fenced for transport projects not included in the Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP), the RTTR supports and funds transport services identified as a priority by the Rodney community.
- Find out about the RTTR.
- Accessible resources.
- View the timetable for Wellsford and Warkworth 998 (PDF 1.2MB).
- View the timetable for Helensville to Hibiscus Coast station 128 (PDF 2.5MB).
- View the brochure and timetable for Westgate to Albany via Riverhead and Coatesville 126 (PDF 428KB).
- Download the project plans for Warkworth Community Transport Hub.
Project status: Implementation.
Project zone: North / North-West.
The Rodney Transport Targeted Rate was introduced by Auckland Council in 2018 after extensive community consultation. The $150 per annum rateable property charge is projected to raise $41 million over ten years to pay for new bus services and bus stops, park and ride facilities and footpaths.
Transport Targeted Rate Projects
New bus services
Three new bus routes have been introduced:
- Route 998 bus service between Wellford and Warkworth – Introduced February 2019
- Route 128 bus service between Helensville and Hibiscus Coast Station – Introduced February 2019
- Route 126 bus service between Westgate and Coatesville – Introduced May 2019.
Eighteen new bus stops have been installed to support these bus routes, several following specific requests from the community.
All three bus service passenger usage numbers met or exceeded patronage targets during their first year of service.
Park and Rides
Two new Park and Ride facilities are planned for Warkworth and Kumeu/Huapai to support local bus services and address parking congestion.
- The Warkworth Community Transport Hub, 80 Great North Road, Warkworth will feature 137 car parks (including 15 short term and four for accessible parking), a bus layover, two bus stops, footpaths, a signalised pedestrian crossing across Great North Road, two toilet blocks, bike parking, lighting and CCTV – Design, consents and contracts completed
- Kumeū /Huapai Park and Ride – Under investigation.
A list of footpaths and rough costings has been prepared for discussion by the Local Board. Further work on this list is expected following development of the Bus Services and Park and Ride elements of the programme.
At the end of June 2020 approximately $8.5 million of the targeted rate had been collected with $5 million spent. The planned capital reserve will meet a sharp rise in forecast expenditure over the next 2 years to construct additional bus stops, Park and Rides and new footpaths while continuing to support bus services.
The table below outlines the entire programme total amounts of targeted rate collected and spent to 30 June 2020 per Rodney Local Board subdivision:
|Total expenditure to date|
Up to June 2021
Up to October 2020
Auckland Transport provides regular updates on the delivery of targeted rate transport priorities to the Rodney Local Board.
- New Wellsford and Warkworth bus service accessible brochure - 18pt (PDF 245KB).
- New Wellsford and Warkworth bus service accessible brochure (TXT 8KB).
- New Westgate to Albany bus service accessible brochure - 18pt (PDF 32KB).
- Warkworth Kowhai Coast Wellsford Northern Bus Timetable.
Audio version of the AT Metro - New bus service for Wellsford and Warkworth brochure.