The Rodney Transport Targeted Rate (RTTR) was introduced mid-2018 to accelerate transport investment in the Rodney Local Board Area. Ring-fenced for transport projects not included in the Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP), the RTTR supports and funds transport services identified as a priority by the Rodney community.
- Find out about the RTTR.
- Accessible resources.
- View the timetable for Wellsford and Warkworth 998 (PDF 1.2MB).
- View the timetable for Helensville to Hibiscus Coast station 128 (PDF 2.5MB).
- View the brochure and timetable for Westgate to Albany via Riverhead and Coatesville 126 (PDF 428KB).
Project status: Implementation.
Project zone: North / North-West.
The Rodney Local Board consulted on investigating a targeted rate to fund transport improvements as part of its Local Board Plan and proposed a list of specific projects for consideration during engagement associated with Auckland Council’s Long Term Plan and the Regional Land Transport Plan. The Governing Body struck the targeted transport rate in 2018 and Auckland Transport is now working closely with the Rodney Local Board to investigate, design and deliver the following projects:
- A new bus service from Wellsford to Warkworth.
- A new bus service from Helensville (via Kaukapakapa and Waitoki) to Hibiscus Coast station.
- A new bus service from Westgate to Albany (via Riverhead and Coatesville).
- A Park & Ride at Warkworth.
- A Park & Ride at Huapai or Kumeu.
- New footpaths.
New bus services:
- Route 998 - Wellsford to Warkworth bus service - commenced 24 February 2019.
- Route 128 - Helensville to Hibiscus Coast station bus service - commenced 24 February 2019.
- Route 126 - Westgate to Albany – commenced Monday 6 May 2019.
The majority of the bus stops and footpaths supporting the new bus services have been constructed and AT is investigating additional bus stops at the request of the Local Board.
All three bus service passenger usage numbers are on target or exceeding targets for the first year of service.
- Warkworth Park & Ride - Feasibility study underway to determine location.
- Huapai/Kumeu Park & Ride - Feasibility study underway to determine location.
New Park and Ride facilities
Investigations, designs, consents and procurement contracts have been awarded for Park and Ride facilities at 80 Great North Road Warkworth, Huapai Domain and 37 Main Road, Huapai. Detailed design is underway and, pending RMA consent application approvals, construction works tenders will be advertised in November 2019.
A list of prioritised footpaths has been prepared and costing estimates are now being prepared for consideration by the Local Board.
At the end of June 2019 approximately $4.18m of the targeted rate had been collected with $761,595 spent. The planned capital reserve will meet a sharp rise in forecast expenditure over the next three years to construct additional bus stops, Park & Rides and new footpaths while continuing to support a full year of bus service operation.
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update February 2019.
- Auckland Transport Rodney Local Board Targeted Rate Update November 2018.
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update September 2018.
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update May 2018.
- Rodney Local Board Transport Targeted Rate Update August 2019.
- Rodney Transport Targeted Rate Footpath Prioritisation Summary.
- New Wellsford and Warkworth bus service accessible brochure - 18pt (PDF 245KB).
- New Wellsford and Warkworth bus service accessible brochure (TXT 8KB).
- New Westgate to Albany bus service accessible brochure - 18pt (PDF 32KB).
- Warkworth Kowhai Coast Wellsford Northern Bus Timetable.
Audio version of the AT Metro - New bus service for Wellsford and Warkworth brochure.