To help you plan your train travel in Auckland, view the diagrammatic map of the Auckland rail network or more detailed route maps by train line.
Auckland train network map
Train network route & maps
The Western Line operates between Swanson and the city centre (Britomart) via Henderson and New Lynn.
Southern, Eastern and Onehunga Line
The Southern Line operates between Pukekohe and the city centre (Britomart) via Manurewa and Newmarket.
The Eastern Line operates between Manukau and the city centre (Britomart) via Sylvia Park and Panmure.
The Onehunga Line operates between Onehunga and Newmarket via Penrose and Ellerslie.
Long distance train travel (outside of Auckland)
- For long distance train travel visit The Great Journeys of New Zealand.
- Find out about the Te Huia regional passenger train service - operates between Waikato (Hamilton) and Auckland (Papakura).
Train station layout plans
View information on train station layouts including: platform locations, ticket & AT HOP card top up machines, facilities, entrance and exit routes, surrounding area and nearby bus stops.
- Find out more about the Britomart train station layout
- View the new Puhinui train station layout (PDF 405KB)
- View the Newmarket train station layout (PDF 1MB)
- View the Grafton train station layout (PDF 978KB)
- View the Kingsland train station layout (PDF 1.12MB)
View the full train timetables in PDF format at Timetables