To help you plan your train travel in Auckland, view the diagrammatic map of the Auckland rail network or more detailed route maps by train line.
Auckland train network map
Click on the image to view a larger version of the train network map.
Ōrākei, Meadowbank, Glen Innes, Panmure and Sylvia Park stations will be closed between 20 March 2023 to January 2024 for Stage 2 of the Rail Network Rebuild. Buses will replace trains at these stations.
Train network route & maps
Ōrākei, Meadowbank, Glen Innes, Panmure and Sylvia Park stations will be closed between 20 March 2023 to January 2024 due to Stage 2 of the Rail Network Rebuild.
If you're travelling from any station between Manukau and Otahuhu, you'll be able to continue to travel to Britomart using the Eastern Line (via Newmarket). If you are travelling between Otahuhu and Britomart, you'll be able to use both the Eastern and Southern line trains during peak times.
Southern, Western and Onehunga Line
The Southern Line operates between Pukekohe and the city centre (Britomart) via Manurewa and Newmarket.
The Western Line operates between Swanson and the city centre (Britomart) via Henderson and New Lynn.
The Onehunga Line operates between Onehunga and Newmarket via Penrose and Ellerslie.
Long distance train travel (outside of Auckland)
- For long distance train travel visit The Great Journeys of New Zealand.
- Find out about the Te Huia regional passenger train service - operates between Waikato (Hamilton) and Auckland (Papakura).
Train station layout plans
View information on train station layouts including: platform locations, ticket and AT HOP card top up machines, facilities, entrance and exit routes, surrounding area and nearby bus stops.
- Find out more about the Britomart train station layout
- View the new Puhinui train station layout (PDF 405KB)
- View the Newmarket train station layout (PDF 1MB)
- View the Grafton train station layout (PDF 978KB)
- View the Kingsland train station layout (PDF 1.1MB)
View the full train timetables in PDF format at Timetables